Let’s Talk Health Equity is the first in the Let’s Talk series developed by the National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health to promote discussion and understanding of how key concepts in health equity apply in public health practice.
This document explores key concepts such as health inequity and health inequality. The discussion questions at the end were designed to spark dialogue, reflection, and action to address the social determinants of health.
Other topics in the Let’s Talk Series:
- Universal and targeted approaches to health equity
- Public health roles for improving health equity
- Populations and the power of language
- Moving upstream
- Advocacy and health equity
- Racism and health equity
- Ethical foundations of equity
How to use this resource:
- Facilitate discussion and understanding of key concepts and definitions of health equity.
- Generate ideas for health equity action